50 Year Jubilee
Our Lady of Grace Preschool & Kindergarten 50 Year Anniversary!
If you were unable to attend the 50 Year Jubilee Dinner on October 27, 2012, and would like to view the beautiful program we had - along with all of our wonderful supporters, you can view a pdf of it here:
50 Years of Service! In 1948, nine Sisters of the congregation of the Little Workers of the Sacred Hearts left Calabria, Italy to expand their educational activities and settled in Stamford. With great sacrifice and perseverance, the Sisters purchased property on Gleenbrook Road, self-funded the construction and opened Our Lady of Grace Pre-School aand Kindergarten in 1962.
This facillity has provided a much-needed service to the local community:
- True to its mission to serve others in need, Our Lady of Grace is a non-profit facility, focused on the educational and developmental needs of the children of working parents. It is the first school in lower Fairfield County to offer a full-day program with tuition rates well below the local market.
- Admission is available to all children regardless of race, color, creed and ethnicity. The school enjoys a rich diversity of students.
- During the past 50 years, over 5,000 children have been educated in a loving and nurturing environment. In fact, current enrollment includes the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of former students, demonstrating the loyalty and legacy this institution has generated.
- While the school receives no Diocesan funding of any kind, Our Lady of Grace is a 501C(33) institution under thhe US Conference of Catholic Bishops. Therefore, all donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- On October 27, 2012, Our Lady of Grace School will host a Dinner Dance and Car Raffle at the Italian Center in Stamford in celebration of its golden jubilee and its 50 years of commitment and faithful service to children.